Thursday 8 January 2015

An Introduction

Hello internet. My name is Cara and I am a nineteen year old first year Journalism student at Bournemouth University. I already have another blog - a personal style and fashion one - which I have been running on and off for over two years now, but I feel that the genre of said existing blog stops me from candidly discussing certain issues. As well as being interested in fashion, I also find a passion in other areas such as film, music and popular culture. I also self identify as a feminist and a LGBTQ+  straight ally. This blog will be a tool for me to express my opinions on other topics that I find interesting, be it a review of a new release by my beloved Walt Disney Company or a discussion about feminism.

I feel that introduction posts need to also introduce the writer so here are a few facts about me...

  • I'm a huge Disney geek. I think the movies are masterpieces, the parks are my home and Walt Disney is a true inspiration. My love of Disney will feature heavily in this blog because as you will know if you know me, I never shut up about it.
  • My blog name is a reference to the Sleeping Beauty song "I wonder" because I'm kind of obsessed with that film plus it's fitting. Win win.
  • Aside from Disney, I love all genres of film. I'm that annoying person who will talk about cinematography and score and probably sound like a total pretentious twat but also will watch crappy romantic comedies that were made for TV. #bitchdon'tkillmyvibe
  • I have a twin sister. We're non-identical and she's way cooler than me.
  • Tom Hiddleston is my favourite celebrity because he's basically a flawless human being.
  • I want to visit Florida, California and Toyko more than anywhere else in the world.
  • My dream job is to work for BuzzFeed.
  • I say "literally" too much.
  • I have a pizza box on my floor that I need to throw away and shorthand exercises that I need to be doing, but instead I'm writing this blog post.
If you want to follow me on any social media (Twitter, Instagram, etc) my handle is @carackobama. I hope you'll enjoy this random mash up of a blog because I'm stoked to start writing it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment